Sunday, May 1, 2011

Explosions in the Sky with Papercuts @ Hollywood Forever Cemetery 4/30/2011



Ho-ly-crap, what a beautiful show! Everything about it! Everyone snuggling on blankets with beers and snacks on a lovely night listening to some of the greatest post-rock ever made! Seriously, It was amazing. I admittedly missed most of Papercuts, but the little that I heard was quite lovely and appropriate for the mood and venue. Honestly, I was kind of hoping to literally be among the graves, but we were fairly close to some small mausoleums so I guess that was alright. I honestly think my only complaint about last night is that everyone in the I.E. and O.C. had been bitching via Facebook and Twitter about how this wind is a bitch and I was just hanging around Arcadia thinking "what a bunch of whiners, the weather is fine!" Then, 9 o'clock rolls around and clearly no one else in L.A. was prepared for the upcoming wind either. Everyone was cold a squirming around probably thinking the same thing I was: I wish we had brought TWO blankets! But I mean, even my least favorite type of weather really couldnt ruin such a magical night. I even told my boyfriend, "Hey this would be a great date if there werent craploads of people surrounding us!" And its hard to have a bad time when you can take in your own booze and food. If I could take in a cheese plate and a margarita to every show, I'd be a real happy camper. But basically, Explosions in the Sky was amazing and energetic and couldnt have done any better! Bravo!

No comments:

Post a Comment